- To Improve Physical Literacy for Women 55 – 70+
- To identify the Fundamental Movement Skills for Women 55 – 70+
- To personally assist participants to assess identified Fundamental Movement Skills
- To assist participants to develop a personal intervention plan to relearn and/or strengthen a Fundamental Movement Skill
- The initial workshop is a full day event: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Follow-up for participants is in about 3 months and is self directed. Participant are asked to maintain a personal log during this period of time.
- Re-assessment workshop: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Cost: $15 per person (lunch available for additional $10)
Special Rates for Members of the “St Catharines” Older Adult Centres: $5
|(Initial workshop) June 2020||(Re-assessment) Sept 8, 2020||Interested in Participating|
|(Initial workshop) Sept 12, 2020||(Re-assessment) April 12, 2021||Interested in Participating|
|(Initial workshop) Feb 10, 2021||(Re-assessment) May 18, 2021||Interested in Participating|
|(Initial workshop) March 2, 2021||(Re-assessment) June, 2021||Interested in Participating|
|(Initial workshop) Sept 9, 2021||(Re-assessment) April 9, 2022||Interested in Participating|
All materials are provided, please bring water.
What to wear?
Wear comfortable clothing that do not restrict movement, running shoes or a similar supportive shoe is preferred.
All participants will participate in the various stations where they will collect personal information about their current physical status. Each participant will be asked to select a goal to focus on for the next few months prior to the re-assessment workshop.
- Overall would rate this workshop as excellent!
- I wasn’t sure what to expect but found the session helpful and inspiring to motivate me to a healthy exercise program.
- Excellent current information.
- Currently working on improving weaker areas but very motivated to identify my personal interventions and to realize that I will be reporting back.
- Found the information presented extremely useful.